While I was interviewing a customer for a Citrix XenApp 6 implementation one of the requirements was logging of all changes to the configuration so I wrote a design stating that the Configuration Logging Database should be used to fulfill this requirement. When I came to the point of configuring the database I used the wizard to complete the Citrix Configuration Logging Database setup but at the point I typed in the service account credentials the wizard would fail to display any databases.
Of course I asked my dear friend Google about this behaviour and I found the following information:
So the problem was that I was using a capital in my SA password, when I changed the password to lower-case I could setup the Configuration Logging database.
Latest posts by Kees Baggerman (see all)
- Updated: VM Reporting Script for Nutanix with Powershell - July 3, 2019
- Updated (again!): VM Reporting Script for Nutanix AHV/vSphere with Powershell - June 17, 2019
- Updated: VM Reporting Script for Nutanix AHV with Powershell - April 8, 2019
- How to add a CD-ROM drive and mount an ISO file via powershell to an AHV-hosted VM - March 27, 2019
- How to add a nic via powershell to an AHV-hosted VM - March 25, 2019