Today I was setting up a Citrix Merchandising Server. This is the virtual appliance that you can download from MyCitrix and the one I downloaded was the OVA file for vSphere. When I tried to import the OVA file I got an error: Task canceled by a user at 99%. After some research I found the following article: CTX128895.
This contains the following:
When importing .obf files to Merchandising server running on VMWare 4.1.0 ESXi, the user receives the following error message:
“Task was canceled by a user”
The following report is returned when importing:
~~~Deploy OVF templateCitrix Merchandising Server 2.1The task was canceled by a user.Waiting for host <FQDN> (1/1) port data update task to complete<domain name>\<username><FQDN> ~~~
Extract the .obf files with WinRar and import them.
So I downloaded WinRAR, opened the .OVA file and extracted them to a seperate folder on my hard drive. After the extraction I followed the instructions to import the .ovf file from the Citrix eDocs pages.
Remarkable: In these eDocs pages the following is stated “Note: Unzipping and manually importing the .ova file is not supported.” But because the CTX article clearly states differently I just followed the instructions mentioned and in my case it did work.
Latest posts by Kees Baggerman (see all)
- NVIDIA GPU on AHV: The options (Video included) - December 6, 2017
- XenServer and Nutanix: Insights on the how - September 7, 2017
- Making sure your Citrix Desktops are utilized with Powershell v2 - September 6, 2017
- Protecting your Citrix desktops on Nutanix using powershell - August 4, 2017
- Citrix Provisioning on Nutanix AHV [Updated with PVS support for AHV] - June 28, 2017