Today I was setting up a Citrix Merchandising Server. This is the virtual appliance that you can download from MyCitrix and the one I downloaded was the OVA file for vSphere. When I tried to import the OVA file I got an error: Task canceled by a user at 99%. After some research I found the following article: CTX128895.
This contains the following:
When importing .obf files to Merchandising server running on VMWare 4.1.0 ESXi, the user receives the following error message:
“Task was canceled by a user”
The following report is returned when importing:
~~~Deploy OVF templateCitrix Merchandising Server 2.1The task was canceled by a user.Waiting for host <FQDN> (1/1) port data update task to complete<domain name>\<username><FQDN> ~~~
Extract the .obf files with WinRar and import them.
So I downloaded WinRAR, opened the .OVA file and extracted them to a seperate folder on my hard drive. After the extraction I followed the instructions to import the .ovf file from the Citrix eDocs pages.
Remarkable: In these eDocs pages the following is stated “Note: Unzipping and manually importing the .ova file is not supported.” But because the CTX article clearly states differently I just followed the instructions mentioned and in my case it did work.
Latest posts by Kees Baggerman (see all)
- Recovering a Protection Domain snapshot to a VM - September 13, 2019
- Checking power settings on VMs using powershell - September 11, 2019
- Updated: VM Reporting Script for Nutanix with Powershell - July 3, 2019
- Updated (again!): VM Reporting Script for Nutanix AHV/vSphere with Powershell - June 17, 2019
- Updated: VM Reporting Script for Nutanix AHV with Powershell - April 8, 2019