I recently build a Citrix XenApp 6 deployment using RES Automation Manager but encountered problems with some (not all) installations. After a default installation the IMA service couldn’t start. When looking at the eventlogs of one of those specific servers I found the following errors:
Failed to load plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\System32\Citrix\IMA\SubSystems\ImaAppSs.dll with error IMA_RESULT_WRITE_TO_LOG_FAILED
Failed to load initial plugins with error IMA_RESULT_WRITE_TO_LOG_FAILED
and further on in the eventlog the following error was presented:
When searching on the internet I found the following fix:
Well apparently this is a Citrix common item because the Citrix tech went straight to this registry key and changed it.
Then blanked out the following keys:
After that, IMA magically starts and all services come back up and running.
So based on this I took one of the XenApp 6 servers and blanked those keys:
After this I could start the IMA service again and I was able to launch a published desktop on this server again.
Latest posts by Kees Baggerman (see all)
- Recovering a Protection Domain snapshot to a VM - September 13, 2019
- Checking power settings on VMs using powershell - September 11, 2019
- Updated: VM Reporting Script for Nutanix with Powershell - July 3, 2019
- Updated (again!): VM Reporting Script for Nutanix AHV/vSphere with Powershell - June 17, 2019
- Updated: VM Reporting Script for Nutanix AHV with Powershell - April 8, 2019