I was helping out on a project with XA.65 and RES WM 2011 in combination with mandatory profiles. The customer wanted to pre-define some settings in Office using the Run-Once option but after some tests we noticed that these User settings weren’t preserved, obviously the files and registry settings modified to make these changes weren’t in the Global Settings Template for the Office installation we’re using.
Going through all these files and registry settings can be pretty time consuming so I used http://gps.cloudapp.net to track down the GPO’s we’re using and thus tracking down the registry settings we’re using. In this example I was configuring the value of “Capitalize first letter of sentence”.
Latest posts by Kees Baggerman (see all)
- Updated: VM Reporting Script for Nutanix with Powershell - July 3, 2019
- Updated (again!): VM Reporting Script for Nutanix AHV/vSphere with Powershell - June 17, 2019
- Updated: VM Reporting Script for Nutanix AHV with Powershell - April 8, 2019
- How to add a CD-ROM drive and mount an ISO file via powershell to an AHV-hosted VM - March 27, 2019
- How to add a nic via powershell to an AHV-hosted VM - March 25, 2019