I was helping out on a project with XA.65 and RES WM 2011 in combination with mandatory profiles. The customer wanted to pre-define some settings in Office using the Run-Once option but after some tests we noticed that these User settings weren’t preserved, obviously the files and registry settings modified to make these changes weren’t in the Global Settings Template for the Office installation we’re using.
Going through all these files and registry settings can be pretty time consuming so I used http://gps.cloudapp.net to track down the GPO’s we’re using and thus tracking down the registry settings we’re using. In this example I was configuring the value of “Capitalize first letter of sentence”.
Latest posts by Kees Baggerman (see all)
- Nutanix AHV and Citrix MCS: Adding a persistent disk via Powershell – v2 - November 19, 2019
- Recovering a Protection Domain snapshot to a VM - September 13, 2019
- Checking power settings on VMs using powershell - September 11, 2019
- Updated: VM Reporting Script for Nutanix with Powershell - July 3, 2019
- Updated (again!): VM Reporting Script for Nutanix AHV/vSphere with Powershell - June 17, 2019