Today I was helping out on a RES Workspace Manager project and we had some problems during the folder sync in WM. After some investigation we saw the following errors in the eventlogs:
Error: Folder sync exe failed with exit code: 10
Error: The metadata store replica is already in use.
We did set the following configuration:
After searching on the RES Software knowledge base I couldn’t find a solution (first time btw) so I went on the interwebs and searched on Google. I found the following article on Microsoft.Synchronization.MetadataStorage Namespace. It uses *.id file to store metadata and if it gets corrupt it won’t copy the files anymore.
The solution to our problem was deleting the *.id files once to get the folder sync started.
Latest posts by Kees Baggerman (see all)
- Updated: VM Reporting Script for Nutanix with Powershell - July 3, 2019
- Updated (again!): VM Reporting Script for Nutanix AHV/vSphere with Powershell - June 17, 2019
- Updated: VM Reporting Script for Nutanix AHV with Powershell - April 8, 2019
- How to add a CD-ROM drive and mount an ISO file via powershell to an AHV-hosted VM - March 27, 2019
- How to add a nic via powershell to an AHV-hosted VM - March 25, 2019