For one of my current projects we’re using MDT 2012 Update 1 and we configured the MDT DB using the database wizard as we’re using the MDT database as source for our deployment. It holds host name and IP configuration of the target machines (as we can remove the need to press F12 for PXE with the use of RES Automation Manager 2012 we have a great ZTI solution).
But we ran into a problem when using the database as the targets would use the DB information so they were deployed using the automatically generated hostsnames and based on DHCP. So when looking into the results in the C:\Windows\Temp folder we discovered that we got an error:
ZTI error opening SQL Connection. SQL server does not exist or access denied.
Unable to establish database connection using [CSETTINGS] properties. SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
Unable to establish database connection using [CROLES] properties. SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
Which resulted in the following deployment summary:
And so we started to troubleshoot:
1) Turn of the Windows Firewall on the SQL server (although we already created a inbound rule on the fw that was working).
2) Created an SQL account instead of Windows Auth.
3) Used a simplified password
This didn’t solve the problem until one of the sys admins had a Eureka!-moment, we configured the database based on Named Pipes and that uses Integrated security, as I was adding a DBID and DBPWD in my CustomSettings.ini this clearly would provide some problems. After removing the DBID and DBPWD the deployment went like we would expect and all data from the MDT DB was applied.
Latest posts by Kees Baggerman (see all)
- Creating a Load Balanced Citrix StoreFront 2.5 Server Group with Citrix NetScaler 10.5 - July 14, 2014
- Citrix Cerebro: A must have for your XenMobile/ NetScaler Toolbox! - July 11, 2014
- Citrix HDX Mobile, what does it add? - June 30, 2014
- WorxDesktop, is it ShareConnect under the hood? - June 27, 2014
- Unnamed file contains an invalid path – ABE causing trouble in paradise - June 19, 2014