At one of my projects I was configuring Citrix Single sign-on and the config and install went pretty smooth, the Citrix XenApp farm was configured with Citrix Single sign-on within a couple of hours but we had to install the client on the desktops and laptops too.
When I did the unattended installation from RES AM the install went without problems but when I tried to run the Citrix Single sign-on Self Service shortcut I would get an error stating:
Citrix Single Sign-On experienced an error during initialization and will now close. Please restart Single Sign-On. If you are using Citrix XenApp, log off and restart your session.
I found a couple of posts on the Citrix KB and forums on reinstalling the client and re-configuring the network bindings on the client to ensure that the Citrix SSO stuff would be first but that didn’t solve my problem. But than it hit me, UAC.. I disabled UAC on the Citrix XenApp servers for the installation of XenApp but there was no need to disable UAC for the SSO client on the desktop/laptop. After disabling AUC I was able to start the client without any problems, I did have to run it with Dynamic Privileges because I would get an .Net error if I didn’t. After those two adjustments Citrix SSO would run without any problems.
Latest posts by Kees Baggerman (see all)
- NVIDIA GPU on AHV: The options (Video included) - December 6, 2017
- XenServer and Nutanix: Insights on the how - September 7, 2017
- Making sure your Citrix Desktops are utilized with Powershell v2 - September 6, 2017
- Protecting your Citrix desktops on Nutanix using powershell - August 4, 2017
- Citrix Provisioning on Nutanix AHV [Updated with PVS support for AHV] - June 28, 2017