XenApp 7.5 and XenDesktop 7.5 are released to the web today and there was a lot of discussion on twitter about this release. A lot of info about this release can be found on the eDocs. Important pages are Features not in this release en Known Issues, please read them careful before starting.
As was stated on twitter, the installation bits for XenDesktop and XenApp 7.5 are the same and the differentiator should be the license that’s imported on the license server. I was curious if the installation would differ between XenApp and XenDesktop so I made a video of both installations (not the configuration) and uploaded them on YouTube just to show the easy of installation and the similarities between those installers:
The XenApp 7.5 install:
The XenDesktop 7.5 install:
Both installations were done within 8 minutes and that’s pretty good when looking at the hardware used (old compellent storage with a 2 node Hyper-V 2.0 cluster on top). It’s safe to say that the installation is pretty seamless and doesn’t consume a lot of time so credits to Citrix for making the installation this easy. Now for the configuring part.. Which will probably a next blogpost.
Latest posts by Kees Baggerman (see all)
- Creating a Load Balanced Citrix StoreFront 2.5 Server Group with Citrix NetScaler 10.5 - July 14, 2014
- Citrix Cerebro: A must have for your XenMobile/ NetScaler Toolbox! - July 11, 2014
- Citrix HDX Mobile, what does it add? - June 30, 2014
- WorxDesktop, is it ShareConnect under the hood? - June 27, 2014
- Unnamed file contains an invalid path – ABE causing trouble in paradise - June 19, 2014