When Citrix announced the ShareFile Drive Mapper I wanted to give it a go, it’s something Microsoft can’t (won’t?) offer for OneDrive so it’s a nice differentiator. This solution will connect to your Citrix ShareFile account and present the data in ShareFile as a local drive including drive letter. Certainly convenient in VDI scenario’s where you want access to your files as if they’re local but don’t want to consume the storage on the target platform for your VDI deployment.
The actual download can be found here and offers the following downloads:
- ShareFile Drive Mapper 22.214.171.124 Aug 19, 2016 (.EXE) Download File
- ShareFile Drive Mapper 126.96.36.199 – 32-bit MSI Aug 19, 2016 8.55 MB – (.MSI) Download File
- ShareFile Drive Mapper 188.8.131.52 – 64-bit MSI Aug 19, 2016 8.65 MB – (.MSI) Download File
- ShareFile Drive Mapper Policy Definitions Aug 19, 2016 3.96 KB – (.ZIP) Download File Group policy definitions
I downloaded the software and ignored all documentation completely ;-). After downloading the software I logged on to my desktop and ran the installer, I had to run the installer as ‘another user aka administrator’ as my default account doesn’t have any admin rights. The installation went flawless until I wanted to configure the Drive Mapper using my account details:
After that very descriptive error message I started googling and quickly configured the corresponding GPOs and checked if I was allowed to use Drive Mapper in the ShareFile control plane:
The registry of my VM after setting the GPOs:
Even with both of these settings I got the error message above until I got so annoyed with the error message that I removed the installation, made myself local admin and reinstalled the software which turned out to be the solution. Somehow the installer didn’t like the fact that it was installed using ‘Install as another user’ option in Windows, after using my own user account I had no issues configuring. I realize it’s just a short blog but hopefully it saves you from the time I had to spend to wrap my head around this.
Latest posts by Kees Baggerman (see all)
- NVIDIA GPU on AHV: The options (Video included) - December 6, 2017
- XenServer and Nutanix: Insights on the how - September 7, 2017
- Making sure your Citrix Desktops are utilized with Powershell v2 - September 6, 2017
- Protecting your Citrix desktops on Nutanix using powershell - August 4, 2017
- Citrix Provisioning on Nutanix AHV [Updated with PVS support for AHV] - June 28, 2017