After an upgrade of VMware 4.1 to VMware vSphere 5.1 Update 1 one of my colleagues Wilbert Kandt noticed that the environment wasn’t properly load balanced. The problem was that an ESXi host wasn’t used as destination within a VMware DRS cluster after a while.
Tag Archive for CPU
Last week I updated to XenClient 2.1 via the OTA like I described in my first blogpost on my findings on XenClient 2.0. After the upgrade I noticed some issues around the responsiveness of my VM so I did some basic troubleshooting and I noticed that although I installed the XenClient tools it didn’t upgraded them, after removal of XenClient tools I did a new installation but the issues weren’t solved.
Because my VM is a VHD from my old laptop I removed all Lenovo tooling just to make sure it didn’t mess around with the XenClient tools, I even removed my antivirus client just to test if that was causing the problem. I couldn’t figure it out so I created a new topic on the support forums: