One of my recent project was to deploy XenApp 6.5 with HRP02 for one of our customers. During the application acceptance phase we discovered that one of their LOB (web based) apps was having issues with one certain part of the application.
After the usual steps to resolve this issue:
- Log into the server as Admin via the published desktop; Issue did occur
- Starting the IE without plugins; Issue did occur
- Uninstalling all browser-related software; Issue did occur
- Log into the server as Admin via RDP; Issue didn’t occur
The last test did put us in the right direction as the issue did occur while using the XenApp published desktop but it didn’t occur whilst connecting via RDP. When we launched a desktop as a regular user the issue didn’t occur either so it had to be something in the way XenApp presented the desktop and thus Internet Explorer with this particular part of this LOB application.
After an extensive search Patrick came up with a post on the Citrix discussion forum describing similar problems: HRP02 causes IE freeze/Hang
The issue is caused by the Citrix Mobile Receiver Virtual Channel Service, disabling the service immediately resolved the issue with this certain part of the application. Based on the comments on the forums it does not only affect web based applications but one of the examples in the topic is the MS Dynamics CRM Outlook Client which isn’t a web based application but apparently uses the same instructions.
So when you disable the ‘Automatic keyboard display’ under ‘Mobile Experience’ in your Citrix User Policy you’re all set and good to go.
Latest posts by Kees Baggerman (see all)
- Updated: VM Reporting Script for Nutanix with Powershell - July 3, 2019
- Updated (again!): VM Reporting Script for Nutanix AHV/vSphere with Powershell - June 17, 2019
- Updated: VM Reporting Script for Nutanix AHV with Powershell - April 8, 2019
- How to add a CD-ROM drive and mount an ISO file via powershell to an AHV-hosted VM - March 27, 2019
- How to add a nic via powershell to an AHV-hosted VM - March 25, 2019