Recently I did an installation of the Citrix Web Interface 5.4 and noticed a delay on displaying the first page after restarting the server, this problem happened also when I restarted the IIS Service. I found CTX117273:
After restarting IIS, or rebooting the Web Interface server, it takes up to one minute to get the Welcome page for the first user.
- Install Web interface 5.0.1.
- Restart IIS.
- Connect to a Web Interface site. The first connection is very slow and it takes up to one minute to get the Welcome page for the first user.
- All other connections are normal until you restart IIS again.
This issue is caused by a CRL check sent to Verisign. If the Web Interface server cannot access the internet, the CRL check fails and times out.
- Check in IIS for the ASP.net version that is in use with the Web Interface site.
Modify Aspnet.config in the following directory
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727 (If Web Interface uses .Net framework v2.0.50727)
- Add the following lines to your ASPNET.CONFIG or APP.CONFIG file:
<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”utf-8″?>
Latest posts by Kees Baggerman (see all)
- XenServer and Nutanix: Insights on the how - September 7, 2017
- Making sure your Citrix Desktops are utilized with Powershell v2 - September 6, 2017
- Protecting your Citrix desktops on Nutanix using powershell - August 4, 2017
- Citrix Provisioning on Nutanix AHV [Updated with PVS support for AHV] - June 28, 2017
- Microsoft SCVMM and Citrix PVS, exporting retries to a CSV - June 19, 2017