During the last couple of projects I did I noticed that Microsoft Lync would prevent my session to log off normally, either on a Citrix XenApp/XenDestop or normal fat client deployment. Somehow running Lync stopped the logoff process and I would the error “This program is preventing Windows from logging off”:
I tried different versions of the Lync client but couldn’t pinpoint the problem, I also noticed that regular users didn’t had this problem so I thought it had something to do with user rights until I found the following knowlegde base articles:
The 2666324 pointed to this URL which is the “the cumulative update package for Lync 2010: February 2012”, after applying this fix Lync didn’t ‘hang’ anymore and I could gracefully log off my session.
Latest posts by Kees Baggerman (see all)
- Nutanix AHV and Citrix MCS: Adding a persistent disk via Powershell – v2 - November 19, 2019
- Recovering a Protection Domain snapshot to a VM - September 13, 2019
- Checking power settings on VMs using powershell - September 11, 2019
- Updated: VM Reporting Script for Nutanix with Powershell - July 3, 2019
- Updated (again!): VM Reporting Script for Nutanix AHV/vSphere with Powershell - June 17, 2019
I just wanted to say thanks. I have been looking for a solution for this problem for a while now… Our I.T. was unable to fix the issue.